Work Package Leaders
The aims are to provide the framework within which to conduct and analyse data from HIV seroconverters by:
- Pooling and enlarging the datasets available for analyses to address pre-specified objectives and future questions arising in the lifetime of the project
- Implementing a harmonisation process for the collection of key socio-economic variables (in collaboration with EuroCoord WP14)
- Establishing the infrastructure and know-how to estimate HIV incidence in Central & Eastern European countries.
The WPs also aim to characterise newly-acquired HIV infection, its contribution to the epidemic, and to assess outcome and its determinants in individuals with early diagnosis, focussing on:
- Applying techniques which distinguish recent from chronic HIV infection and testing populations
- Assessing the outcome of infected individuals following infection
- Identifying differences in disease progression
- Determining viral and host genetic factors and their relevance to outcome.
WP7: Kholoud Porter (MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL, UK)
WP8: Laurence Meyer (INSERM, France)
For more information about EuroCoord, please visit www.EuroCoord.net.