The European Multidisciplinary Cancer Congress is the biggest cancer conference in Europe each year. From 23 to 27 September this year Stockholm plays host to the conference which draws together the European CanCer Organisation (ECCO), the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), and The European SocieTy for Radiology and Oncology (ESTRO) to make a strongly multi-disciplinary and multi-professional affair.
The MRC CTU typically has several presentations at the Congress and this year has a number of oral presentations and poster presentations, including late-breaking abstracts presenting results from major clinical trials.
The studies being presented are given below. Clinical trials are collaborative and we would like to thank all the patients, clinicians and research staff who contributed to these studies.
COIN-B – colorectal cancer
- Intermittent Chemotherapy (CT) Plus Continuous or Intermittent Cetuximab (C) in the First-line Treatment of Advanced Colorectal Cancer (aCRC) - Results of the Two-arm Phase II Randomised MRC COIN-B Trial. H. Wasan, R.A. Adams, R.H. Wilson, C.A. Pugh, D. Fisher, A. Madi, B. Sizer, R. Butler, A. Meade, T.S. Maughan
- Saturday 24 September 2011, 12.55pm. Proffered Papers Session: Gastrointestinal Malignancies - Colorectal Cancer, Victoria hall.
STAMPEDE – prostate cancer
- Celecoxib Plus Hormone Therapy Vs Hormone Therapy Alone for Hormone-sensitive Prostate Cancer: First Results From the STAMPEDE Randomised Controlled Trial (MRC PR08; CRUK/06/019), On Behalf of the STAMPEDE Investigators. N.D. James, M.R. Sydes, M.D. Mason, N.W. Clarke, D.P. Dearnaley, J. Dwyer, G. Jovic, J.M. Russell, G. Thalmann, M.K.B. Parmar
- Sunday 25 September, 10.20am. Genitourinary Malignancies - Prostate Cancer, Oral Presentations Session, Hall A3.
RT01 – prostate cancer
- Escalated-dose Conformal Radiotherapy for Localised Prostate Cancer: Long-term Overall Survival Results From the MRC RT01 Randomised Controlled Trial, On Behalf of the RT01 Investigators. D.P. Dearnaley, G. Jovic, I. Syndikus, J.D. Graham, E.G. Aird, V. Khoo, R. Cowan, M.R. Sydes
- Sunday 25 September, 10.40am. Genitourinary Malignancies - Prostate Cancer, Oral Presentations Session, Hall A3.
TE23 – testis cancer
- Toxicity and Use of Granulocyte Colony-stimulating Factor Prophylaxis in a Randomized Phase II Trial of Intensive Induction Chemotherapy (CBOP/BEP) and Standard BEP in Poor Prognosis Germ Cell Tumours (MRC TE23, CRUK 05/014, ISRCTN53643604). RA Huddart, R Gabe, SP Stenning, P Pollock, JD White, FH Cafferty and TE23 Trial Management Group and Collaborators
- Sunday 25 September, 14.00-16.30pm. Poster Session: Genitourinary Malignancies –Other, Hall C.
ICON7 – ovarian cancer
- Quality of Life in the ICON7 GCIG Phase III Randomised Clinical Trial. D. Stark, M. Nankivell, F. Hilpert, L. Elit, J. Brown, A. Lanceley, G. Valikova, A. Oza, A.M. Swart, T. Perren
- Monday 26 September, 11.15am. Proffered papers session: gynaecological cancer, Hall K1.